Thursday, June 3, 2010

the Symphonic Jazz Summit at the Barnwell on the Red - Hot Jazz 6-3-10







Ok, folks, after having played rehearsals myself and attending my grandsons' soccer games, I finally made it to the Barnwell Garden Center this Thursday evening to hear one of the "Red Hot Jazz" concerts. The Symphonic Jazz Summit was holding court on the riverfront and Mother Nature cooperated by sending cloud coverage and cooler temperatures to those who came with picnic baskets, chairs and drinks ready to enjoy a late Spring evening in the company of friends listening to good jazz!!

The 5 man ensemble composed of Chris Allen on acoustic bass, Matt Harris on keyboard, Galen Smith on drum set, Dave Hardin on trumpet and guitarist Nick Palmer played oldies jazz and blues all of which I recognized, some of which I have sung in my younger days and even a swing version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" popped through like a silver lining.

The weekly Thursday evening concerts held from 6-8 PM will continue through June 24th. Have a free Thursday evening? COME ON DOWN for the free concerts!!







No comments: